Malta Individual Investor Programme (IIP)
Malta is a stable, neutral and respected member of the European Union since 2004 and part of the Schengen Area since 2007. Citizenship under this program grants the European passport and all benefits of full European citizenship. This means access to all investment opportunities in Malta and throughout the 28 European Union countries, as well as visa-free travel to more than 160 countries in the world, including the USA, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and most countries in North, Central and South America.
Main applicants are required to make a Euro 650,000 contribution to the National Development and Social Fund. The contribution for a spouse and minor children is Euro 25,000 each. The contribution for dependent parents over 55 years of age and dependent children between 18 - 26 years of age is Euro 50,000.
In addition to the contribution, applicants must establish a residence in Malta through (a) purchasing real estate valued at no less than Euro 350,000 or (b) leasing a property at no less than Euro 16,000 per year. Applicants are also required to make an investment of Euro 150,000 in Government approved financial instruments. The real estate and securities investments must be held for a minimum of five years. Please contact us for a detailed quote.
The timeframe for application processing and issuance of the passport can be short as six months if the applicant has already met the one-year residency requirement.
Our associated attorneys are IIP accredited Authorized Registered Mandatories (ARM), a designation required by the Maltese Government to manage IIP applications, and all attorneys are licensed to practice immigration law in Malta. The team consists of 10 professionals working exclusively on Citizenship & Residence matters and has handled the largest number of complete applications submitted to date at a 100% success rate.
Services provided include:
• advising you on your chances of success before filing your application;
• providing you with pre-immigration legal and tax advice;
• guiding you with the preparation of supporting documentation;
• vetting and preparing all supporting documentation for submission;
• corresponding and liaising with government authorities on your behalf during the application process;
• application progress updates.
Additional services (if needed):
• handling applications for work permits, uniform residence permits, HNWI and GRP residence permits;
• legal and notarial representation on purchase, rental and re-sale of property in Malta including applications for AIP permits (foreigners need AIP permit to purchase property in Malta) and reviews of your contract;
• co-ordination of architectural surveys & planning applications, referral to leading interior designers & turnkey providers for property conversions;
• personal and corporate international tax planning;
• dealing with all periodical tax matters including annual returns and tax payments;
• drawing up of wills, international probate;
• administration of estates, foundations, trusts;
• advice on the formation & management of trading & holding companies in Malta;
• yacht registration under the Malta flag & VAT planning.
Please contact us for a free consultation or to receive additional information about the program.